Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What am I doing here?!

Never been very good at expressing myself in print or at sharing my opinions, even with friends. Yet here I am, creating a Blog which potentially could be read by multitudes. More realistically... just by a few, and that will be too many.

I'm being dragged into this 21st Century method of communication for the good of my professional health, which is not a bad thing. It will, I'm sure, be of use in my other life as well, just knowing how communication methods develop and evolve will stand me in good stead with the children, when they start going mad with this type of thing.

I also don't want to be one of those persons, whether young or old, who say, oh I don't know how to XXXX and I can't be bothered knowing. For XXXX insert anything from SMS to, I suppose, Blogging!

There is only going to be more methods of communication which will evolve from each other, and if I at least dabble in each one as it comes along then I'll have a better chance of a relationship with any potential grandkids, than I otherwise would.

I've never given much credance to the idea of virtual lives, as in Second Life, thinking that sort of thing is basically for those who don't want to change themselves, they just want to give up and start again. After reading the KPMG report, and Cory Ondrejka's section Second - Real - Life, however, I can see that it has a great deal of potenial for people to try things first anonomously, that they wouldn't dare to in real life. Thus the online life could actually enhance the real life, once confidence and knowledge is gained.

Not thinking of going there myself...yet. But have certainly changed my thinking. And that was just Task 1 of the training program. Imagine where I could be by the end of Task 9, if I can keep my mind open that long!

No comments: