Thursday, January 10, 2008

RSS Feeds and Aggregators

Ok so now I have a fair idea of what these tools are all about and how to use one if I want to. They are a good way of getting the latest info on a topic you are passionate about being up to date with. I do think they could be another way of wasting time, along the lines of email. I suppose it depends on if you try and read everything that comes through from the sites you have added to your aggregator or if you just skim it for the truly interesting bits.

I now have an idea how all the State Library consultants seem to have endless time to browse the web for interesting articles to send out to all, on topics which appeal to many, who do not have the time to read them let alone act upon the content. At least I think this is how they are doing it!

I will continue to add to my aggregator as sites of interest pop up, but I know my problem will be remembering to check it out. Is there a way to link it to your email? Google yes I presume,no time now to explore (going home!) but not to council email for work related material??

No comments: